Do you want to change the world? At Cabify, that’s what we’re doing. We aim to make cities better places to live by improving mobility for the people living in them, connecting riders to drivers, providing mobility alternatives such as scooters and mopeds and many others to come, all at the touch of a button. Maybe one day cities will be places where nobody needs a private car. But we’ve still got a long way to go… Fancy joining us?
Right now we’re working on some pretty greenfield projects with a solid set of product ideas lined up ready for innovative engineers to tackle. And of course we have big plans to take over the taxi app service industry!
Site Reliability Engineers at Cabify work on improving all aspects of our platform and have an impact across the whole organisation. They are a blend of systems engineers and software developers who solve scalability issues with software and implement the best production engineering and security practices.
You will be:
- Evolving our infrastructure platform building self-service components that will be used by all the engineering team and by millions of users around the world.
- Working closely with our Product and Infrastructure teams to architecture and develop first-class infrastructure components.
- Designing and implementing tooling to improve the availability, scalability, observability and latency of our services, which are used by internal customers to deploy and operate their services.
- Increasing reliability awareness with other teams, helping with the adoption of reliability principles and reviewing observability implementations or software architectures.
- Defining SLIs, SLOs and SLAs as part of the services' lifecycle.
- Sharing an on-call schedule for the platform services you own.
- Solving problems in our highly available platform together with other teams, then build automations to prevent incidents from happening again.
- Participating in our recruiting process to help grow our engineering team.
You may be a fit for this role if you:
- Think Unix, you know the networking stack, the OSI model, containers (and schedulers), and you know your way around monitoring, logging and the CAP theorem (bonus!).
- Have strong programming skills at least in one language, and know your way around a few more or can learn them if the opportunity arises.
- Automate yourself out of everything by nature, making machines do the toil.
- Communicate effectively and asynchronously.
- Care about the things that affect the company, your team, and yourself.
- Embrace diversity and humbleness (and a bit of trolling).
- Prefer taking iterative action over waiting for things to happen or to be perfect.
- Strongly favor simplicity over complexity. Ie, adhering to the KISS principle.
- Have a sense for identifying, exploiting and elevating bottlenecks.
- Are not afraid of expressing yourself in English. We aren't expecting you to have the Queen's accent, but you'll be part of an international team and we communicate in English, so you should be comfortable with that.
- Enjoy herding cats and shaving yaks. Ie, being a great influence to other product teams and teaching them best practices. As well as analyzing and simplifying our setup.
Projects you could work on:
- Migrate our production workloads to Kubernetes on different cloud providers smoothly and transparently to the end users.
- Helping us iterate on and improve our kubernetes setup (AWS EKS).
- Iterate our networking layer to implement network policies, service mesh, and more…
- Evolving our time-series monitoring platform (Cortex), in order to provide a first-class service to all of our engineering teams.
- Help grow our adoption of distributed tracing (OTLP + Tempo), with the goal of providing request latency observability across microservices (as a service).
- Scaling our ever-growing logging platform (Loki) to keep up with the business demands.
- Maintaining our company-wide code repository and continuous integration solution
What’s it like to work at Cabify?
We’re a company full of happy, motivated people, and we never want that to change. Here are some more reasons why it rocks to be part of our high-performance team:
- Excellent Salary conditions: Senior: €45K-65K, Principal: €55k-85k.
- All the gear you need.
- Very competitive stock option plan. At Cabify, we strongly believe highly committed, vision-aligned key roles must be long-term invested in the company's success, thus a significant portion of the compensation of roles such as this one goes in the form of stock options.
- Recharge day: Every 3rd Friday monthly OFF!
- Flexible work environment and hours. We care about the value you deliver, not how many hours you work. In fact, you shouldn’t work too much: your wellbeing matters to us.
- Regular team events.
- Cabify staff free rides.
- Personal development programs based on our career paths
- Annual budget for training.
- Flexible compensation plan: Restaurant tickets, transport tickets, healthcare and childcare.
- We offer fully remote working conditions, or relocation packages to those coming from other countries.
- All the equipment you need (you only have to bring your talent).
- Full remote working (if you live in Madrid you can also work in the office if you preffer that).
Cabify is proud of being an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees regardless of background, gender, religion, orientation, age, or ability. Join us!