Do you want to change the world? At Cabify, that’s what we’re doing. We aim to make cities better places to live by improving mobility for the people living in them, connecting riders to drivers, providing mobility alternatives such as scooters and mopeds and many others to come, all at the touch of a button. Maybe one day cities will be places where nobody needs a private car. But we’ve still got a long way to go… Fancy joining us?
Right now we’re working on some pretty greenfield projects with a solid set of product ideas lined up ready for innovative engineers to tackle. And of course we have big plans to take over the taxi app service industry!
Site Reliability Engineers at Cabify work on improving all aspects of our platform and have an impact across the whole organisation. They are a blend of systems engineers and software developers who solve scalability issues with software and implement the best production engineering and security practices.
As a Site Reliability Engineer, you will be:
- Evolving our platform by designing and building first-class, self-service components that will be used by engineering teams and millions of users around the world.
- Designing and implementing tooling to improve the availability, scalability, observability, and latency of our services, which are used by internal customers to deploy and operate their services.
- Defining and iterating on SLIs, SLOs, and SLAs as part of the services lifecycle.
- Increasing reliability awareness with other teams, helping with the adoption of reliability principles and reviewing observability implementations or software architectures.
- Sharing an on-call schedule for the services you own.
- Solving problems in our highly available platform together with other teams, then building automations to prevent incidents from happening again.
- Participating in our recruiting process to enable our engineering team to grow and scale.
You may be a fit for this role if you:
- Think Unix, you know the networking stack, the OSI model, containers (and schedulers), and you know your way around monitoring, logging and the CAP theorem (bonus!).
- Have strong programming skills at least in one language, and know your way around a few more, or can learn them if the need arises.
- Automate yourself out of everything by nature, making machines do the toil.
- Communicate effectively and asynchronously.
- Care about what matters for the company, your team, and yourself.
- Embrace diversity and humbleness (and a pinch of trolling).
- Prefer taking iterative action over waiting for things to happen all at once or to be perfect.
- Strongly favor simplicity over complexity.
- Have a sense for identifying, exploiting, and elevating bottlenecks.
- Are not afraid of expressing yourself in English. We aren't expecting you to have the Queen's accent, but you'll be part of an international team and we communicate in English, so you should be comfortable with that.
- Enjoy herding cats and shaving yaks.
Projects you could work on:
- Migrate our production workloads to Kubernetes on different cloud providers smoothly and transparently to the end users.
- Iterate our networking layer to implement network policies, service mesh, and more.
- Review our time-series monitoring platform (Prometheus) and explore long-term retention solutions (Cortex) and distributed tracing with the goal of providing a first-class observability service to all engineering teams.
- Scale our ever-growing logging platform (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana on Kubernetes) to keep up with the business demands while at the same time keeping cost at bay.
- Evolve our deployment system to adapt to the increasing scale of Cabify, empowering all engineering teams to easily take their services from idea to production.
What’s it like to work at Cabify?
We’re a company full of happy, motivated people, and we never want that to change. Here are some more reasons why it rocks to be part of our family:
- Excellent Salary conditions at Engineering: Junior 25k-38k, Mid 32k-48k, Senior 43k-58k, Principal 54k-74k (€).
- All the gear you need.
- Very competitive stock options plan. At Cabify, we strongly believe highly committed, vision-aligned key roles must be long-term invested in the company's success, thus a significant portion of the compensation of roles such as this one goes in the form of stock options.
- We offer fully remote working conditions, or relocation packages to those coming from other countries.
- Flexible work environment and hours. We care about the value you deliver, not how many hours you work. In fact, you shouldn’t work too much: your wellbeing matters to us.
- Regular fun team events (COVID-19 terms and conditions apply).
- Cabify staff discount.
- Personal development programmes.
- Flexible remuneration: restaurant tickets, transport tickets, healthcare and childcare.
If you decide to work from the Madrid office:
- Remote days available upon agreement.
- A pet room so you don’t have to leave your furry friend at home.
- And last but not least... Free coffee!
Cabify is proud of being an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees regardless of background, gender, religion, orientation, age, or ability. Join us!