Do you want to change the world? At Cabify, that’s what we’re doing. We aim to make cities better places to live by improving mobility for the people living in them, connecting riders to drivers at the touch of a button. Maybe one day cities will be places where nobody needs a private car. But we’ve still got a long way to go…fancy joining us?
No matter how quickly we grow or how big we become, we’re determined to keep our ‘start-up’ spirit. We are a confident, professional, charismatic and focused team, young at heart and proud to do things the right way. We like to think of ourselves as an ethical and innovative tech company that has created a business where everyone is treated fairly and respectfully, from our engineers to the drivers that use our platform. Moreover, we always comply fully with government regulations and respect local laws.
It’s been quite a ride so far, but in reality, our journey has only just begun. If we’re going to turn our vision into a reality, we’re going to need plenty more bright, ambitious people to join us!
About the position:
Do you want to be part of the team responsible for enabling a data-driven company, with up to 200k events per second and hundreds of different messages? Our mission is to build a platform that works at scale to provide trusted data for the rest of the company.
At data-engineering we operate dozens of services (Scala, Golang, Python) and pipelines (Apache Beam/Dataflow), and our in-house developed machine learning platform that includes a feature store. We are a hands-on team: we manage our own infrastructure (GCE and AWS) and Kubernetes clusters (GKE). We are looking for new members, and this is how you will play an important part in helping us achieve our mission:
- Designing and developing end-to-end data solutions and modern data architectures for Cabify products and teams (streaming ingestion, data lake, data warehouse...)
- Extracting data from internal and external sources to empower our Data Analytics team.
- Evolving and maintaining Lykeion, a Machine Learning platform that we have developed along with the Data Science team.
- Collaborating with other technical teams to define, execute and release new services and features.
- Designing and maintaining complex APIs exposing data at scale, that helps other teams to make better decisions.
- Managing and evolving our infrastructure.
- Continuously identifying, evaluating and implementing new tools and approaches to maximise development speed and cost efficiency.
What we’re looking for:
- At least 4 years tenure in coding and delivering complex data projects
- Fluent in different programming languages (we work with Python, Scala and Go)
- Experience with message delivery systems and streaming processing (Kafka, RabbitMQ, Akka streams, Apache Beam…)
- Deep understanding and application of modern data processing technology stacks and distributed processing (Hadoop, Spark, Apache Beam, Apache Flink...)
- Deep understanding of different storage technologies (file-based, relational, columnar, document-based, key-value...)
- Experience with orchestration tools such as Airflow, Luigi, Azkaban.
- Be familiar with machine learning, specially with its lifecycle (features, models, training & evaluation processes, productionizing)
- Experience with cloud infrastructures (GCP, AWS, Azure)
- Be comfortable with automation tools (Terraform, Puppet, Ansible…)
- Bonus points:
- Experience with Google Cloud BigData products (PubSub, Dataflow, BigTable, BigQuery…)
-Experience with Kubernetes.
-Experience with Apache Beam and Scio.
The good stuff:
We’re a company full of happy, motivated people and we never want that to change. Here are some more reasons why it rocks to be part of our family.
- Senior Data Engineer [43000EUR-58000EUR]
- All the gear you need - just bring yourself
- Flexible working hours & environment
- Monthly free rides
- Recharge day: every third friday monthly off
- Up to 2 days per week of remote working
- Budget for books, training and conferences
- Flexible remuneration: subsidized restaurant tickets, transport tickets, healthcare and childcare
- 22 days paid annual leave
- A pet room so you don’t have to leave your furry friend at home
- We offer relocation package to those coming from other countries
- And last but not least...free coffee and fruit!